EV Charger Installation Services in Delray Beach & Boca Raton, FL
Home Charging Solutions for Your Electric Vehicle
An electric vehicle is an undeniably thrilling purchase, but then you face the costs and hassles of installing the right equipment to charge your new car at home or your business. Mr. Electric of Delray Beach and Boca Raton offers professional EV charger installation and service for Delray Beach and Boca Raton, FL homeowners and business owners. Our expert vehicle charging specialists sell and install electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) chargers to help you take advantage of an electric car’s many benefits, such as saving money you’d normally spend on gas, improving your mileage, and contributing to a better environment. However, charging your electric vehicle at home should be easy and reliable to ensure you’re always ready to hit the road. You can trust our electricians to perform EV charging station installation service whether you purchase an electric car or want to install EV charging stations at your business for employees and guests to use. Reach out to us today to request a quote.
How Do EV Chargers Work?
An EV charger supplies an electric vehicle with electrical energy to recharge it. Charging stations are dedicated circuits requiring the correct amount of power to safely and sufficiently charge an electric car, truck, or SUV. EV chargers require a breaker to operate safely. Our professional team will help you determine the correct charger type to install at your home or business in Delray Beach or Boca Raton, FL. You can relax knowing your new or current EV charging station is in our capable hands. Whether you like to plan ahead or you realize you need a charging station immediately after purchasing an electric car, Mr. Electric of Delray Beach and Boca Raton has you covered.
Your EV Charger Levels to Choose From
There are three EV charger types available to homeowners and business owners today. The type that fits your specific charging needs depends on factors like your charging preferences, setup, driving habits, and budget. We’ve described your options for EVSE chargers below:
- Level 1 Charger – An electric vehicle dealer typically provides this charger type when you buy an electric vehicle. Level one chargers plug into a standard three-prong outlet you have in your garage and don’t require any installation. While this setup may sound appealing, the downside is level one chargers take a long time to charge your car before it’s ready to drive again. Charging time can be more than 20 hours to get your vehicle up to a full charge on a level one EVSE charger. Some drivers are fine with this option when they can charge their cars overnight, and their daily driving needs don’t add up to many miles.
- Level 2 Charger – Level two chargers are the next step up, requiring a dedicated 240-volt circuit and electrical specialists to install them professionally. With a level two charger, your vehicle will reach a full charge in about three hours. Many auto manufacturers currently include level two chargers with electric car purchases. However, you should never attempt a DIY installation since working with electricity is unsafe for untrained professionals.
- Level 3 Charger – Manufacturers design these standalone EVSE chargers for public charging stations. Level three chargers require an industrial-level power drain and are unsuitable for use at a person’s home. Charging your battery to drive 160 miles takes about an hour and a half when using a level three charger. Our electrical technicians can install level three chargers at your Florida commercial property.
Comprehensive EV Charger Services for Drivers
While using a level one charger doesn’t require any installation, level two and level three chargers do require a professional electrician to install them. In addition to our installation services, our technicians can also handle troubleshooting if your charger develops any problems. We will examine your EV charger to determine if we can repair it or must replace it. You can receive estimates from us for EV charger installation and service costs, so we encourage you to contact us whenever you need EV solutions at home or work. We’ve listed some of the many services Mr. Electric of Delray Beach and Boca Raton offers for EVSE chargers at homes and businesses:
- Comprehensive equipment inspections before installation.
- Electrical system upgrades for level two or three chargers, such as new dedicated 40-amp and 240-volt circuit additions and 8-AWG wiring if needed.
- Residential or commercial property inspections to ensure our technicians or someone else has installed your equipment according to manufacturer specifications.
- Ensuring all EVSE equipment you acquire meets local code requirements, permits, and the National Electric Code.
- Providing you with complete breakdowns of correct usage, limitations, equipment features, warranty terms, necessary maintenance, and other essential information.
- Performing start-up inspections to verify your new equipment works correctly as it operates.
Schedule EV Charger Installation Service Today
You’re probably excited about purchasing and taking home your new electric vehicle, so let our technicians take the hassle out of an electric vehicle charger installation at your home or business. Having the correct EV charger in your garage means you don’t need to wait 20 hours to drive your car or bring it to a public electric vehicle charging station. Contact Mr. Electric of Delray Beach and Boca Raton today to get started by requesting a quote.