As devices become more technologically advanced, businesses must adapt to keep up. Many business’ electrical systems do not have the capacity to support today’s high powered devices. From the moment each employee arrives at work they are using electronic devices, such as: coffee makers, computer monitors, computer towers, laptops, printers, lamps, radios, clocks, landline telephones, iPods, cell phones and more. Commodities of modern society can be a challenge to aging electrical systems. Now is the time to upgrade your building’s circuitry to ensure that your business has the capacity to support you and your employee’s electrical needs without the risk of a fire.
Is your business powered properly? Call Mr. Electric’s certified electricians to upgrade your circuits today. Act now to update your building with the appropriate circuits and be on your way to secure, care-free, and continuous electricity. Stop the unwanted electrical interruptions today!
What is an Electrical Circuit Overload and How Can I Prevent it?
Electrical circuit overloads happen when more amperage [link to glossary] is transferred across an electrical wire than the circuit can handle. Circuit overloads can be caused by loose, corroded, or faulty wires and connections. However, most circuit overloads occur when you draw more power than the outlet’s maximum capacity. For example, if you plug a laser printer into the same outlet as your computer tower, and you don’t have enough amperage to support the devices, a circuit breaker will be tripped or a breaker fuse will blow turning all devices using that circuit off and completely halting productivity.
In order to avoid overloading your circuits and prevent the risk of electrical fires, outlets should be upgraded to have the appropriate electrical capacity in each location of your business. Let the professionals at Mr. Electric update and install the right circuits in your business today.
12 Reasons You Need to Upgrade Your Circuits
- Security Systems: Do you want to install a security system to ward off intruders?
- Specialty Lighting: Do you want to add task lighting, recessed lighting, track lighting, accent lighting, mood lighting, wall sconces, or other specialty light fixtures in your building?
- Appliances: Do you need more outlets to plug in electronic devices?
- Additional Outdoor Electricity: Are you adding security, landscape lighting or a new sprinkler system? Do you want a place to plug in your holiday lights?
- Ceiling Fans: Do you want to be able to turn ceiling fans off while leaving the light on with the flip of a switch?
- Emergency Generator Installation: Do you want continuous power in case of a hurricane, ice storm, blizzard, or blackout?
- Media Centers: Do you have media centers that need high level circuitry?
- Overloaded Outlets: Are you using too many power strips, extension cords, or adding on additional outlet plugs? Do you wish you had more outlets to support electronic devices in each office?
- Home Office Equipment: Do you need additional outlets or phone modem connections to support your home office equipment? Do you want to add computer accessibility for your children’s rooms or your guest rooms?
- Cable or Satellite TV: Do you want to add cable or satellite television in one of your boardrooms, break rooms, or offices?
- Multiple Offices or Desks: Are employees tired of unplugging and re-plugging in devices in so they can use the electronic devices required to efficiently do their job? Do they need additional outlets to feel functional?
- Lighting Control Stations: Do you want to operate multiple lights from a single location? Do you want to set mood lighting in several rooms with the touch of a button?
Mr. Electric is ready to install and upgrade the circuits in your business to make any of these additions or improvements. Our professionals look forward to enhancing the safety, security and productivity and efficiency of your business. Get the capacity to support all of your electrical needs by calling us for an appointment today!